Friday, April 11, 2008

Short Day - UP 3,800

I did not trade all day but it was starting to get difficult late in the morning. Most my indicators showed reversals but the market continued to dip down. I kept looking for a strong reversal to the upside but non happen.

By noon I had was exhausted so stopped trading. I was picking too many loosers.

Today would of been better if I had try to pick the tops for strong moves down. Better chances.

The SP500 ended up -2%

Trades: 18
Winners: 8
% Winners: 44
%$ Win: 8,500
$ Loss: (4,700)
Gain: 3,800
% Gross Gain: 0.48%












5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, do you trade a lot. I have a pretty big account, and I don't trade 1/2 of what you do. Is it working?

Anonymous said...

You must be a size player

C said...

It is a lot of "volume". I figure if you are going to expose 700k or ore on individual equities, why not use an index. It seems to be working on paper. I am focusing on cutting my loosers short. But I am riding the winners ...

In reality you cannot get that much liquidity per trade (10,000 shares) unless you combined QLD/SSO/SPY on the long side and SDS/QID/SH on the short side ...


We'll see how it works out next week ... :-)

Anonymous said...

10k a clip wow that is huge volume. Where you trade at what broker or firm.

C said...

Remember this is all paper trading, not real. I am working my strategy.

Once ready I will basket multiple ETFs to get good liquidity. Like SSO, SPY, SDS ans SH to be able to get that much liquidity.